A Maker’s Retreat: Hosted by Delirious Blue Jewelry
November 8-10, 2019 — Fennville, Michigan
What is a Maker’s Retreat?
It’s an all-inclusive getaway weekend for handmade and creative business owners and makers. Connect and learn from other makers, be inspired with a renewed energy for new goals this year, and of course relax by the hot tub, enjoy a bonfire, and eat lots of great food. Because the group is limited to 15 participants, you’ll find a close-knit group where you can gain insights from not only the leaders but also from the other people there who just get what you do. By taking a break from the day-to-day life and spending an entire weekend talking about your business and being creative all you want, you’ll be energized and inspired with new tools to take your business to the next level.
Is Flock and Flourish right for me?
If any of these sound like you, you should join us and see what it’s all about!
- you own or work for a handmade business
- you want a strong community of like-minded girl bosses
- you enjoy crafting and making things
- you need a chance to unwind and refocus
- you love to have a good time!
- welcome reception with margaritas, wine, chips, and guac!
- make and take crafts throughout the weekend
- seminars on marketing and social media
- workshop and brainstorming session for vision planning and goal setting
- photography workshop with tips on product and model photography: bring some of your items and practice using a lightbox (to get those perfect white backgrounds) and taking pictures with product models accessing the "magic hour" of light outdoors
- group discussions and workshops still TBA
- enjoy the many amenities of the home with bonfires, hot tub soaks, yard games, and movies
- full itinerary to come in April
What else is included?
- 2 night stay at a beautiful home near Saugatuck, Michigan
- all meals including taco bar and margaritas on Friday night, a light and healthy breakfast and lunch on Saturday, catered sit-down meal on Saturday evening, and a brunch (complete of course with mimosas) to celebrate on Sunday. Vegetarian options available. Please let us know if you have any other dietary restrictions. All meals will be provided in the beautiful kitchen or outside on the back deck if weather allows.
- goodie bags! (who doesn't love those?)
- access to the home's many amenities including a hot tub; 3 acres of space for roaming, enjoying nature, and playing yard games; an indoor game room and media room; and great spaces for socializing and strategizing with your newfound friends
- a tight-knit group of like-minded girl bosses
- a renewed spirit so you can go out there and take on the world!
What about accommodations?
- your overnight stay for two nights is included in the price!
- every gal gets her own bed with options for shared spaces (like slumber parties without the sleeping bags!) or private spaces (if you'd prefer more privacy to wind down at the end of the day)
- six bathrooms throughout the house as well as a locker room type area for storing towels and shower items
- lots of spaces to hang out, chat with your new friends, and relax
- 3 acres with lots of space for enjoying the hot tub, having a bonfire, playing yard games, and snapping instagram-worthy photos
- nearby to wineries, orchards, beaches, and dunes if you want to extend your stay
- wireless internet and cable tv
- ten minute walk to downtown Fennville for coffee houses, antiques, and supplies
What is the cost?
- Costs vary on the sleeping arrangements you'd like, ranging from $320 for a single bed in a shared room, to $380 for a queen-size bed in a private room (during early bird pricing)
Chase after your dreams . . . and take a break to see where they lead you!
We know that running a creative business can be draining. You're trying to do all of the things, check off all of the lists, while still trying to keep track of what's trending, keep your inventory stocked, and figure out what rules are changing in the land of Facebook and Instagram.
So pssst. Take a break! And we don't mean cast it all aside. We mean to take a weekend to recharge and refocus. Spend time with other creative people that will inspire you and have you follow new opportunities you didn't see before.
The signs and research are all around you--when you're relaxed and rejuvenated, you can do better and more meaningful work.
And when you come together with others, they can help lift you up.
We don't know you just yet, but we know you'll make our flock more meaningful. So go on, we dare you to flourish.
Kirsten is the owner of Delirious Blue Jewelry, a line of eco-friendly necklaces, earrings and bracelets that plant a tree with every order. She's worked in marketing and communications for 10 years and loves to stay on top of the latest in social media research and techniques. She draws energy from bringing people together, loves cats a little too much, and is actively renovating and restyling a historic 1890 home in Bay City, Michigan.
At Capri's handmade business, Craftinista Girl, she repurposes items like t-shirts and makes them into beautiful baby clothes and adult scarves. She's also the stellar owner of Half Mile Handmade, a consignment shop that sells exclusively handmade items. When not crafting, she's spending quality time with her Pomeranian sidekick, Jajeh. She adores concerts, craft beer and cocktails, social media, and collaborating.